American Society for Microbiology
The American Society for Microbiology (ASM) is the oldest and largest single life science membership organization in the world. Membership has grown from 59 scientists in 1899 to more than 50,000 members today, with more than one third located outside the United States. The members represent all aspects of the microbial sciences including microbiology educators.
The mission of ASM is to promote and advance the microbial sciences.
The society publishes sixteen academic journals, as well as a minireview collection of all journals.
- Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy
- Applied and Environmental Microbiology
- Clinical and Vaccine Immunology
- Clinical Microbiology Reviews
- EcoSal Plus
- Genome Announcements
- Infection and Immunity
- Journal of Bacteriology
- Journal of Clinical Microbiology
- Journal of Virology
- Microbiology and Molecular Biology Reviews
- Microbiology Spectrum
- Molecular and Cellular Biology
ASM Press publishes the ASM ebook collection, 200+ books by internationally renowned authors in a broad range of microbiology disciplines.