ACCUCOMS staff attending: Eyad Mohammad, Khalaf Al-Assaf
ACCUCOMS is attending the 3rd Lebanese Library Association (LLA) Conference hosted by the Lebanese American University, Beirut, Lebanon. It will be held on May 18-20,2016.
This year’s theme is “Thinking Together: Innovate, Share, Preserve and Access”.
This conference will identify and address some of these challenges and their repercussions on the information and library world along the following lines:
- The implementation of dynamic library services and innovative spaces to provide better serve the users;
- The initiation of relationships with new partners and increasing collaboration across the board;
- The critical evaluation of policies and strategies in workforce planning to identify the optimal personnel profile and to scrutinize future staffing;
- The sharing of expertise and experiences in new skills and/or roles required to better manage evolving libraries;
- The existence and emergence of barriers and challenges to the free use of information, including legal barriers, censorship, open access and digital repositories;
- The extension of community and citizen programs and outreach activities;
- The development of creative programs to teach digital and information literacies;
- The growing importance of cultural heritage and its physical and digital preservation and conservation;
- The development of LIS programs and curricula that would strengthen the preparation of future information workers.
In keeping with the overall theme, the Conference will focus on how librarians respond to these challenges to act as agents of transformation and development with their knowledge, skills and attitude. The association seeks contributions that illustrate the different ways in which librarians and information workers are re-positioning themselves and their institutions – whether it be public, school, academic, research or specialized — to enhance and reshape their roles, effectiveness and impact.
Please contact our Commercial Manager for the region, Eyad Mohammad, for more information.