ACCUCOMS Stand no.: TBA
ACCUCOMS staff attending: Eyad Mohammad
ACCUCOMS is attending the 22nd Annual Conference and Exhibition of the Special Libraries Association/Arabian Gulf Chapter.
The conference will held on April 19-21, 2016 at the Regency Hotel, Kuwait.
The conference, then, intends to investigate the impact of the competition in both; the advanced technology and the information commodity and services which left the profession and the professionals with many challenges as related to their preparation, job employability, their users’ information seeking behavior, top management and employers’ image about the profession, the role of the professional associations and the role of the strategic information leadership in the comprehensive development.
Themes of the conference:
1. First theme: Modern trends in library and information education, what we will call ourselves in the future
2. Second theme: Job-market and the profession of library and information science job-employability
3. Third theme: Users’ seeking behaviors and the future of information services
4. Fourth theme: Competing for attention in the digitization age
5. Fifth theme: The role of national LIS associations in enhancing the professionals role in society
6. Sixth theme: Strategic information leadership: Be ready for change
7. Seventh theme: National, medical and health libraries as information literacy centers
Are you interested to meet our Sales Representative for the region? Please contact our Commercial Manager for MENA & Turkey, Eyad Mohammad.